HOW TO APPLY - NOW OPEN
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE 2020 RESIDENCY - DEADLINE 28 FEBRUARY 2020:
If you would like to be considered for the artist-in-residency award then please send the following by 6pm 28/02/20 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· CV and a short statement about yourself and your practice
· What you wish to achieve from the residency
· PDF with a maximum 6 images of your work
· Full contact details, address, telephone, email
· Residency dates will be from 18/05/2020 to 18/06/2020. The residency dates are non-negotiable and applicants must be available to travel and stay in Daugavpils during this timeframe.
· Selected artist(s) notified by: 30/03/2020
The successful candidate(s) will be selected by the Trustees of the Mark Rothko Memorial Trust: Paul Huxley (Chair), Tim Marlow, Rebecca Salter and the Trust’s Administrator and Advisor, Laura Culpan.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Professional artists, working in any medium, currently based in the UK, who wish to travel and are available on the given dates to stay at the Mark Rothko Art Centre in Daugavpils. The artist may wish to stay in Latvia for an extended timeframe, however please note all other accommodation and travel must be paid for by the artist directly. See here for more information on the location and the art centre.
EXPECTATIONS AND POSSIBILITIES
The Trust would expect the awarded artist to make full use of the opportunity to travel, engage in a new culture, make new works and interact with the local creative community.In return the Trust requests only that the awarded artist sends a brief report on the outcome of their experience and provides the Trust with images that may be used on the Trust's website, this will be of benefit to future candidates.